Ignoring Gravity by Sandra Danby

__________B O O K__R E V I E W__________

★★★

     It took me a little bit to get into the book, but once I did, I could not put it down. I loved that this book brought some often difficult issues: infertility, adoption, family relationship, and identity to light. An overall delightful read.
     The characters are very well developed. The story has excellent throughput and is well written. It was very easy to connect with Rose, and I wanted to see her find her answers. I rooted for her, and for the encouragement, she got from those around her. The ending was phenomenal, and while you get a sense of satisfaction for the story as a whole, you wish there was a little bit more to read.
     My only real gripe is with her sister Lily's obsession about trying to have a baby to a point that it becomes tiring to read. Some things are revealed later in the book on the subject of Lily conceiving or lack of. That information couldn’t come soon enough for me.


__________B O O K__D E T A I L S__________


T I T L E: Ignoring Gravity
S E R I E S: Identity Detective (NÂș 1)
A U T H O R: Sandra Danby
P U B L I S H E R: Beulah Press
P U B L I S H--D A T E: November 21, 2014
I S B N: 9780993113406
Literature/Fiction (Adult), Women's Fiction


Rose Haldane is confident about her identity. She pulls the same face as her grandfather when she has to do something she doesn’t want to do, she knows her DNA is the same as his. Except it isn’t: because Rose is adopted and doesn’t know it. 'Ignoring Gravity' connects two pairs of sisters separated by a generation of secrets. Finding her mother’s lost diaries, Rose begins to understand why she has always seemed the outsider in her family, why she feels so different from her sister Lily. Then just when she thinks there can’t be any more secrets… This is the first in a series of novels about Rose Haldane, identity detective.

AMAZON * BARNES & NOBLE * GOODREADS 

*I received an advanced copy of this via NetGalley in exchange for a fair review*