Dark Instincts by Suzanne Wright


T I T L E: Dark Instincts
S E R I E S: Phoenix Pack (Nº 4)
A U T H O R: Suzanne Wright
P U B L I S H E R: Montlake Romance
P U B L I S H--D A T E: April 7, 2015
I S B N: 9781477828748
Romance

It happens whenever wolf shifter Roni Axton is near Marcus Fuller: a crackle of sexual awareness that’s intoxicating…and deeply annoying. Marcus is a pack enforcer who oozes power, but Roni is lethal in her own right—nothing like the flirty females who flock around him. Even still, his possessive gaze makes one thing clear. Marcus has singled her out for seduction, and he wants to make her sit up and beg. No matter how aloof and unfazed Roni acts, Marcus can tell she wants him. When a brutal attack by a jackal pack forces them to work together, it’s the perfect opportunity for Marcus to chip away at her defenses—until he falls into his own trap, completely unprepared for the intensity of their connection. Roni is the only one who’s ever seen past his shifter charm and discovered the man hiding beneath it. And for Marcus, claiming Roni once will mean needing her forever.




     Though I didn’t read the other books in the series, I had no problem understanding who each character was. It could easily be read as a stand alone novel.
     I never constrict myself to one specific type of genre when I read. I prefer to read all types, and I do love to read a good romance from time to time. However, it still needs to have a good plot and some action, otherwise, it’s boring to me. This one started out with action from the very first sentence. Thankfully, that carried on throughout the book.
     Roni is a strong character and I loved her. If there is one thing that will make me hate a book, it's a wimpy female. Roni is far from that. She is independent, can kick ass with the best of them, plays pranks on her brothers, snarky, vicious when it's called for, and intelligent. All the best things in a female lead.
     Marcus is awesome as well. He's a player, but he's funny, strong, relentless, dangerous, but also soft-hearted as well as understanding to those he cares about. My only complaint is that he commands Roni to "come". I don't like that in any romance I read. I'm no prude by any stretch of the word, but that is always a big complaint of mine when I read some romances. I don't find it sexy in the least.     Thankfully, not all authors write sex scenes that way, or I wouldn't read any of them at all. But, Marcus is a great character and I was able to overlook that in this one to some extent.
     The banter between all the characters was great and made it fun to read. The action scenes were very good and had me turning the page to see what would happen.
     I give this book four stars.

4 STAR


A M A Z O N          B A R N E S & N O B L E          G O O D R E A D S