April 19, 2015

Cottonmouth and the River by C.S. Fritz

__________B O O K__R E V I E W__________

★★★★

     I read this to my 9-year-old daughter. We both agreed the illustrations are beautiful works of art. The story allowed us to laugh together; Tug is hilarious. At one point, she gripped my arm because Freddie had to understand the consequences of his actions. She rooted for him to be okay, and for Tug to jump in and help him. When Tug did, she gripped my arm tightly again and begged for everything to turn out right. We both clapped with excitement in the end. Laila enjoyed the book without a doubt. and was saddened by its end, but then excited to learn there would be more. I had a good time reading it to her and stopping on occasion to admire the art and discuss where the story was headed. We both agree this is a 4 star book and look forward to reading more about Freddie Cottonmouth.


__________B O O K__D E T A I L S__________


T I T L E: Cottonmouth and the River
S E R I E S: Freddie Cottonmouth (Nº 1)
A U T H O R: C.S. Fritz
P U B L I S H E R: David C Cook
P U B L I S H--D A T E: May 1, 2014
I S B N: 9780781410335
Children’s Fiction

Meet Freddie Cottonmouth - A Boy Who Loves the River, Big Adventures, and a Furry Beast named Tug. Tug loves taking Freddie on wild adventures—trips to the moon, building castles, or catching fireflies with Freddie riding on his wide furry back. When Freddie finds a mysterious egg, Tug makes him promise never to eat it. But Freddie is about to discover that broken promises come at a great price. This is the rare children's story—both bold and tender and brimming with moments of great risk, adventure, and heart. Combining the artistic wonder of Where the Wild Things Are with the timeless storytelling of The Polar Express, this story will capture both the imagination and the intelligence of children and their parents as it sheds light on the power of sin, sacrifice, and redemption.

AMAZON * BARNES & NOBLE  * GOODREADS



*I received an advanced copy of this via NetGalley in exchange for a fair review*