The Heiress of Linn Hagh by Karen Charlton


T I T L E: The Heiress of Linn Hagh
S E R I E S: Detective Lavender Mysteries (N°1)
A U T H O R: Karen Charlton
P U B L I S H E R: Amazon Publishing/Thomas & Mercer
P U B L I S H--D A T E: June 9, 2015
I S B N: 9781477830086
Mystery
Northumberland, 1809: A beautiful young heiress disappears from her locked bedchamber at Linn Hagh.
The local constables are baffled and the townsfolk cry ‘witchcraft’. The heiress’s uncle summons help from Detective Lavender and his assistant, Constable Woods, who face one of their most challenging cases: The servants and local gypsies aren’t talking; Helen’s siblings are uncooperative; and the sullen local farmers are about to take the law into their own hands.
Lavender and Woods find themselves trapped in the middle of a simmering feud as they uncover a world of family secrets, intrigue and deception in their search for the missing heiress.



     Set during the reign of King George III, this is a fascinating mystery. You can count on the unexpected with lots of twists and turns. There are lots of skeletons in the Carnaby family closet which made this story very intriguing.
     I had lots of ideas on how Helen simply vanished from her locked room, but I couldn't have been further from the truth. The method was clever and certainly something that I didn't even consider. Very creative. There were also a couple of surprises near the end that I didn't see coming.
     The execution and writing were well done. Lavender and Woods were well developed with likable personalities. I am looking forward to seeing how they develop even further in future books of this series.
     A very good first book to what promises to be a fantastic series. I will be waiting for the next book to see how Detective Lavender and Constable Woods solve their next case.
    Indisputably four stars.

4 STAR


A M A Z O N          B A R N E S & N O B L E          G O O D R E A D S