Manhattan Mayhem: New Crime Stories from Mystery Writers of America

__________R E V I E W__________

★★★★

     There is no reason for anyone not read Manhattan Mayhem.
     This novel is the first I’ve read of its kind. I’ve read many anthologies, but none structured as delightfully as this. I just loved how each story took place during a different time, in a different part of one of the greatest cities in the world. All 18 of the short stories were quick awesome reads, all entertaining, and all of them leaving me wishing there was more to read. I feel like it’s impossible to review each one because I enjoyed them all so much. There were three that definitely grabbed me more than the others: Evermore by Justin Scott (this my favorite), Copycats by N.J. Ayres, and last but not least, The Baker of Bleecker Street by Jeffery Deaver. 
     For readers who have not read a lot of mystery and crime, there is a little something in this book for everyone. I highly recommend it for readers who want a taste of great crime stories by great authors, but are unclear where to start and who to start reading first. I was only familiar with Mary Higgins Clark, but now, after reading this, I intend to read more by each of these authors.


__________B O O K__D E T A I L S__________


T I T L E: Manhattan Mayhem
A U T H O R: Anthology - Mary Higgins Clark, Julie Hyzy, Lee Child, Nancy Pickard, Thomas H. Cook, Brendan DuBois, Jon L. Breen, Ben H. Winters, Angela Zeman, N. J. Ayres, Margaret Maron, Judith Kelman, Persia Walker, T. Jefferson Parker, Justin Scott, S.J. Rozan, Jeffery Deaver.
P U B L I S H E R: Quirk Books
P U B L I S H--D A T E: June 2, 2015
I S B N: 9781594747618
Crime
Best-selling suspense novelist Mary Higgins Clark invites you on a tour of Manhattan's most iconic neighborhoods in this anthology of all-new stories from the Mystery Writers of America. From the Flatiron District (Lee Child) and Greenwich Village (Jeffery Deaver) to Little Italy (T. Jefferson Parker) and Chinatown (S.J. Rozan), you'll encounter crimes, mysteries, and riddles large and small. Illustrated with iconic photography of New York City and packaged in a handsome hardcover, Manhattan Mayhem is a delightful read for armchair detectives and armchair travelers alike!

*I received an advanced copy of this via NetGalley in exchange for a fair review*