A story of Perfect Murder by Chris James

T I T L E: The Story of Perfect Murder
S E R I E S: Alchemy (Nº 1)
A U T H O R: Chris James
P U B L I S H E R: Globe Literary, London
P U B L I S H--D A T E: February 15, 2015
I S B N: 1507652763
Mystery, Thriller, Paranormal
"Alchemy" is an historical psychological tale of mystery, murder and suspense and reveals an extraordinary decade in the life of a talented, sweet young and innocent genius, as he transforms into a monster.
In Victorian London, England, close to the end of the 19th century, a young artist unravels what he believes to be the formula for immortality and raising the dead, prescribed in an ancient tome: Alchemy. Just when he cracks the secret code for the final components of his elixir, his mistress and inspiration, dies. His life is devastated, his mind destroyed by drugs. He knows he has the power to revive her. But obtaining the last ingredients means resorting to murder, taking innocent lives. He just has to decide whose.
His only surviving model, infatuated with this painter of her portrait, attends the trial of the century, where she finally learns someone got away with murder

 
 In all honesty, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect when I was approached by the author and asked to read and review this book. However, I must say that this was a fantastic read. A bit on the macabre side, but that is one of the things I liked about it. I am delighted that I was given the opportunity to read this great book.
     Not only is this story well written but very creative in the way that it is told. In most murder mysteries, you start off with the crime committed in the beginning then you follow the investigation. Not so with this particular story. You read about both the trial and the events leading up to it. With some stories, this could be confusing, however with this book it is very easy to keep track of what is happening and when. There are also some great unexpected turn of events that you probably won't see coming. The characters are also interesting and well developed. I was intrigued from beginning to end.
     I must say that I am looking forward to reading more from Chris James. I loved this book. If you like novels that are a bit on the dark side then you should pick up a copy of this very entertaining read.

4 STAR


A M A Z O N         B A R N E S & N O B L E         G O O D R E A D S