July 21, 2015

Crystal Kingdom by Amanda Hocking

T I T L E: Crystal Kingdom
S E R I E S: Kanin Chronicles (NÂș 3)
A U T H O R: Amanda Hocking
P U B L I S H E R: St. Martin’s Press
P U B L I S H--D A T E: August 4, 2015
I S B N: 9781250049889
YA, Urban Fantasy
Cast out by her kingdom and far from home, she's the Kanin people's only hope.
Bryn Aven-unjustly charged with murder and treason-is on the run. The one person who can help is her greatest enemy, the gorgeous and enigmatic Konstantin Black. Konstantin is her only ally against those who have taken over her kingdom and threaten to destroy everything she holds dear. But can she trust him?
As Bryn fights to clear her name, the Kanin rulers' darkest secrets are coming to light... and now the entire troll world is on the brink of war. Will it tear Bryn from Ridley Dresden, the only guy she's ever loved? And can she join forces with Finn Holms and the Trylle kingdom? Nothing is as it seems, but one thing is certain: an epic battle is underway-and when it's complete, nothing will ever be the same…



     When I requested this book, I didn’t realize it was the third in a series. That is unfortunate, because I think it would have helped a great deal more if I’d read the first two. In some series you can pick up what is going on even if you haven’t read the other books, not so with this one.
     The story seemed to be a good one and written well. I’m on the fence about Bryn however. At times I really liked her but at other times, not so much. I did like Konstantin or at least what I read of him.
      I do also have to say that this was an interesting take on Trolls. Traditionally, when I think of trolls they do not really resemble humans all that much. In fact, I think of big, ugly and dumb. But in this story they look human enough to live among them, which I found to be quite fascinating. I usually enjoy new and unique nontraditional ways to write paranormal species. And I found this version imaginative.
      Though I haven’t read the first two books, I did enjoy this one and really liked it. I do however, recommend reading the books one and two first.

3 STAR

A M A Z O N          B A R N E S & N O B L E          G O O D R E A D S