The Dragon Engine by Andy Remic

T I T L E: The Dragon Engine
S E R I E S: The Blood Dragon Empire (Nº 1)
A U T H O R: Andy Remic
P U B L I S H E R: Angry Robot Books
P U B L I S H--D A T E: September 1, 2015
I S B N: 9780857664556
Fantasy
Five noble war heroes of Vagandrak get drunk one night and sign a contract – to journey to the Karamakkos in search of the Five Havens where, it is written, there is untold, abandoned wealth and, more importantly, the three Dragon Heads – jewels claimed to give unspeakable power and everlasting life to those who wield them.But the Dragon Heads aren't what they think, and the world has not encountered their like in generations!Think Smaug was fierce? You ain't seen nothing!




     Let me just say that I loved this book. It grabbed me from the very beginning and had me enthralled all the way to the end. Not only did I not want to put it down, but I really didn't want it to end. I finished it in two days. It left me with a need to know what happens and I am looking forward to the next book.
     There were quite a few of the elements that I feel make a great fantasy. It contained lots of action, unexpected happenings, swordplay, scary creatures that are hard to kill, war heroes, dwarves, evil villains, and dragons! The characters are well developed as is the world they live in. There were even some touching scenes that brought a tear to my eye. Overall, the execution of the story was well done.
      Even though all the characters were well developed, I got annoyed with Beetrax now and again because he could be irritating at times. My favorite is Dake. I can't wait to get to know them all better though as the story continues.
      I hope it doesn't take long for the second book in the series. I think I'm going to have to give this one five stars.

5 STAR


A M A Z O N          B A R N E S & N O B L E          G O O D R E A D S