Warren the 13th and The All-Seeing Eye by Tania del Rio

__________R E V I E W__________

★★★★★

     Laila and I agree, Warren the 13th is the most adorable character we’ve read to date, and his story is five-star-awesomeness. We really took our time reading the book because we fell in love with it immediately, and knew it would be sad to reach the last page. The task of taking our time wasn’t easy, because the story, the characters, and the setting is that good. From the first page, to the last we experienced a range of emotions from this delightful little story. You will laugh often, you will frown, and you will cheer.
     The illustrations added to the overall beauty of the book. They were crisp and clear, and very well done. So much so, Laila and I didn’t think Warren to be ugly at all. Toad face or not, he is cute. There isn’t enough words really to express how happy Laila and I were reading this book.
     It is a book I intend to recommend to every mother I know, and plan to purchase for myself. While this book says it's intended for middle grade, Laila is fifth grade and still stayed glued to the words we read. I personally think that as young as 8, possibly even 7 (depending on how mature the child) would enjoy this story.


__________B O O K__D E T A I L S__________

T I T L E: Warren the 13th and The All-Seeing Eye
A U T H O R: Tania del Rio
P U B L I S H E R: Quirk Books
P U B L I S H--D A T E: November 24, 2015
I S B N: 9781594748035
Children’s Fiction
Meet Warren the 13th, a cursed 12-year-old Victorian bellhop who's terribly unlucky . . . yet perpetually optimistic, hard-working, and curious. Orphan Warren's pride and joy is his family's hotel, but he's been miserable ever since his evil Aunt Anaconda took over the management. Anaconda believes a mysterious treasure known as the All-Seeing Eye is hidden somewhere on the grounds, and she'll do anything to find it. If Warren wants to preserve his family's legacy, he'll need to find the treasure first—if the hotel's many strange and wacky guests don't beat him to it! This middle-grade adventure features gorgeous two-color illustrations on every page and a lavish two-column Victorian design that will pull young readers into a spooky and delightful mystery.


AMAZON * BARNES & NOBLE * GOODREADS * GOOGLE PLAY

*I received an advanced copy of this via NetGalley in exchange for a fair review*