August 10, 2015

Out Comes the Evil by Stella Cameron

T I T L E: Out Comes the Evil
S E R I E S: Costwold Murder Mysteries (Nº 2)
A U T H O R: Stella Cameron
P U B L I S H E R: Severn; Crème de la Crime
P U B L I S H--D A T E: December 1, 2015
I S B N: 9781780290782
Mysery, Thriller
An intriguing mystery. It starts out with a brutal killing, but not your average Colonel Mustard did it in the library with a candlestick type murder. However, it did show that the murderer definitely had a lot of pent up rage and was a bit on the insane side.
I really liked the village of Folly-on-Weir and some of the inhabitants. My favorites among the secondary characters were the Burke sisters Mary and Harriet. Though the main characters, Alex, and Tony were for the most part well developed, I felt Alex still had a lot of growing to do. She was a bit too stubborn for my liking and got herself into situations that were made her seem a bit thick. It is one thing to be independent, but she frequently seemed just plain obstinant, which is a character trait that I don't like in a heroine. That became annoying at times. Tony was very likable and I thought he was very patient with Alex when she did some rather unwise things.
Having said that the plot was a really good one and the writing was very well done. It was an enjoyable read and I will read more Cotswold Mysteries in the future.


     An intriguing mystery. It starts out with a brutal killing, but not your average Colonel Mustard did it in the library with a candlestick type murder. However, it did show that the murderer definitely had a lot of pent up rage and was a bit on the insane side.
     I really liked the village of Folly-on-Weir and some of the inhabitants. My favorites among the secondary characters were the Burke sisters Mary and Harriet. Though the main characters, Alex, and Tony were for the most part well developed, I felt Alex still had a lot of growing to do. She was a bit too stubborn for my liking and got herself into situations that were made her seem a bit thick. It is one thing to be independent, but she frequently seemed just plain obstinant, which is a character trait that I don't like in a heroine. That became annoying at times. Tony was very likable and I thought he was very patient with Alex when she did some rather unwise things.
     Having said that the plot was a really good one and the writing was very well done. It was an enjoyable read and I will read more Cotswold Mysteries in the future.

4 STAR


A M A Z O N          B A R N E S & N O B L E          G O O D R E A D S