The Sleeping King by Cindy Dees/Bill Flippin

T I T L E: The Sleeping King
A U T H O R: Cindy Dees/ Bill Flippin
P U B L I S H E R: Macmillan - Tor/Forge Books
P U B L I S H--D A T E: September 8, 2015
I S B N: 9780765335142
High Fantasy

The Sleeping King is the first in an epic fantasy series, featuring the best of the genre: near immortal imperial overlords, a prophecy of a sleeping elven king who's said to be the savior of the races . . . and two young people who are set on a path to save the day.







     Wow, what an adventure. This book has everything you would expect in an epic fantasy story. Magic and mayhem, a quest to save the world taken up by reluctant heroes, really evil villains, elves, and orcs just to name but a few. I could go on and on.
     This book was a great read although, it did move just a bit slow from time to time. However, once it picks up it really gets going with great battle action and page-turning scenes. The authors do a great job with the world building and the characters are all well developed. This is definitely a series that I will be following and I am looking forward to the next book.
      This novel is based on the game Dragon Crest and even though I haven’t done any gaming in years, after reading this story I am very tempted to check it out.
      I enjoyed this adventure immensely and feel it is worthy of five stars. If you love high fantasy I highly recommend you pick this one up.

5 STAR


A M A Z O N          B A R N E S & N O B L E          G O O D R E A D S