September 19, 2015

Haunt Couture and Ghosts Galore by Rose Pressey

T I T L E: Haunt Couture and Ghosts Galore
S E R I E S: A Haunted Vintage Mystery (NÂș 3)
A U T H O R: Rose Pressey
P U B L I S H E R: Kensington Books
P U B L I S H--D A T E: October 27, 2015
I S B N: 9781617732539
Mystery
A hot-ticket charity fashion show is the perfect chance for Cookie Chanel, proud owner of It's Vintage Y'All, to show off her stylistic savvy for a good cause. But when a famous fashionista is fatally flattened, and the ghost of a former private investigator asks for Cookie's help, she has to scurry to sew up a solution. With clever clues from Wind Song, her psychic cat, and sassy suggestions from Charlotte, her ghost-in-residence, Cookie must unravel the sinister stitches of a deadly design--before she becomes the next fashion victim...




     I was looking for something fun to read when I came upon this book. And I was correct in assuming that this would fit that bill. It was a great quick read that was quite enjoyable.
     This was a pleasing cozy mystery with just a splash of romance and a good plot. It held my attention and made me smile which is why I like to read this type of book from time to time. It didn’t keep me on the edge of my seat the way mysteries do, but it was still a fun read all the same.
     The characters were very likable, even the weird psychic cat. I did however, feel that all the descriptions of the clothes became a bit tiresome and even annoying at times. Even though Cookie was a boutique owner and fashion blogger, I think a little less clothing details may have been in order. I also figured out who the murderer was, so unfortunately there was no “wow, I didn’t see that coming moment.” I did still enjoy it though.
     Those readers out there that enjoy cozy mysteries will probably love this book. For those that like a lot of suspense with some scary moments then this may not be for you.


4 STAR


A M A Z O N          B A R N E S & N O B L E          G O O D R E A D S