October 3, 2015

Boundary Lines by Melissa F. Olson

T I T L E: Boundary Lines
S E R I E S: Boundary Magic (NÂș 2)
A U T H O R: Melissa F. Olson
P U B L I S H E R: Skyscape/47 North
P U B L I S H--D A T E: October 12, 2015
I S B N: 9781503947061
Urban Fantasy
Fitting into the Old World isn’t going very well for Boulder boundary witch Allison “Lex” Luther: she may have earned a place in a vampire’s service, but now it seems as if every supernatural creature in town has found a reason to hate her. And when Lex and her partner are assigned to investigate the suspicious disappearance of two vampires during the night of the full moon, they find themselves with more questions than answers.
Was it murder…or mutiny?
The crusade for answers will lead Lex all over the Colorado Old World, from a prison cell for a broken werewolf to a haunted Denver brothel. And when Lex determines the responsible party, the hunt is just beginning: something has been awakened in Boulder, something as old and powerful as it is terrifying. Only the woman with death in her blood can stop what’s coming.


      I opened this book on my kindle, started reading and didn't put it down until I finished the entire thing. Yes, that's right, done in one night. And now, I'm looking forward to the next one.
     The thing I liked about Lex is that she is not wimpy in any way. The males in the book know that as well. While they may care for her, they don't coddle her and get over protective. I appreciate that in a story. But, the fact that she is tough and can kick ass with the best of them is not the only reason I like her. She is very believable and not one dimensional.
     The supporting characters are just developed as Lex and you can't help but like most of them. Except for Lily and Simon's older sisters, but then that is the way it is meant to be.
     Just enough action with unexpected twists and turns to keep the pages turning. This was a fun and exciting read. I recommend this book to all those urban fantasy fans out there. Pick this one up, you won't be disappointed.
     I received this copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review


4 STAR


A M A Z O N          B A R N E S & N O B L E          G O O D R E A D S