Malus Domestica by S.A. Hunt

__________R E V I E W__________

★★★★★

     I seriously feel like I should be ripping petals from a flower while professing my love for this novel. As with most of my five star reviews, I'm at a loss for the right words. I'm not sure why this happens to me. Maybe it's because I have so much I want to say, I can't possibly get it all out.
     Let's start at the opening of the book . . .
     Not only did it suck me in, but it also knocked my socks off. So much so, I had to do a social media status update to tell the world what just happened. That was the best introduction to a story I have read in a long, long time. Bravo.
     This novel also reminded me that some time has past since I've read such an array of unique characters. There are several, and vary greatly in ages, yet, I loved every damn one of them. Even the witches in their most grotesque forms. They all make strides - good and bad - during the story. And honestly, I feel like if you removed any one of them, it would change everything about the overall feel to the story.
     From the beginning to the end, I was entertained with story and action. I cannot tell you how many times I Oh shit'd, and really, I'm censoring there. I did a lot more shouting of far worse words than that. There were some days I was busy, and could not get to the book; those days, all I did was think about this story.
     It is that kick-ass.
     Books like this that make me wish I had all the money in the world. This way, I could buy every single book S.A. Hunt has written.
     I have a gazillion other things I could say, but really, I think the five stars says it all, because I only give these stars to epic-fucking-stories.


__________B O O K__D E T A I L S__________

T I T L E: Malus Domestica
A U T H O R: S.A. Hunt
P U B L I S H E R: S.A. Hunt
P U B L I S H--D A T E: July 20, 2015
I S B N: 9781515157861
Mystery, Thriller, Fantasy, Horror

Robin Martine has come a long way.
She's not your usual college-age girl. More often than not, Robin's washing a load of gory clothes at the laundromat, or down at the lake throwing hatchets at pumpkins. She lives in an old van, collects swords, and dyes her mohawk blue.
Also, she kills witches for a living on YouTube.
You see, Robin's life was turned upside down by those hideous banshees from Hell. She spent high-school in a psych ward, drugged out of her head for telling the cops her mother Annie was murdered with magic. Magic from a witch named Marilyn Cutty.
After a 3-year warpath across America, she's come home to end Cutty for good.
But she'll have to battle hog-monsters, a city full of raving maniacs, and a killer henchman called the "Serpent" if she wants to end the coven's reign over the town of Blackfield once and for all.


AMAZON * BARNES & NOBLE * GOODREADS


*I received an advanced copy of this via NetGalley in exchange for a fair review*