Turning Silver to Gold by Chris James

T I T L E: Turning Silver to Gold
S E R I E S: Alchemy (Nº 2)
A U T H O R: Chris James
P U B L I S H E R: Globe Literary
P U B L I S H--D A T E: December 14, 2015
A S I N: B017W8BKTW
Supernatural Thriller
After finding Jacob Silver's body missing from his grave at Pentonville Prison, Lizzie Weston battles to prove he is immortal - and clear his name.
Detective Inspector George Neville searches for Jacob's missing remains and learns that Nicolas Flamel is not only alive but cooking another brew - and leaving dead bodies wherever he goes.
Portraits and heads in jars, exhibits from Jacob Silver's "trial of the century" cause havoc as Jacob's murdered victims seek revenge.
Sir Robert Weston is honoured by Queen Victoria for services to medicine - after stealing with Jacob's discoveries.
But where is Jacob Silver?
A new trial, the sensation of the next century, reveals all.



     I must say that I am truly enjoying this series so far. This is the second book and it was just as great as the debut novel.
     Though we do see a lot of the story through Lizzie’s eyes, the point of view does switch between several characters at times. However, it is done well and flows wonderfully. The characters were well developed in the first book, but they are more so in this one. I have to say that while I do really like all of the characters, except Flamel of course, Lizzie is my favorite. I must also add that I didn’t see the ending coming and it caught me off guard, which is not a bad thing. I am very curious to see what will happen in the next installment, and hopefully we won’t have to wait too awfully long to find out.
     If you are looking for something different in a mystery that is a bit dark and macabre with some supernatural elements, then you will want to pick this one up. I do highly recommend it but I also recommend that you read the first book Alchemy: The Story of Perfect Murder.

I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

4 STAR


A M A Z O N          B A R N E S & N O B L E          G O O D R E A D S