January 30, 2016

Bite the Dust by Cynthia Eden

T I T L E: Bite the Dust
S E R I E S: Blood and Moonlight (NÂș 1)
A U T H O R: Cynthia Eden
P U B L I S H E R: Hocus Pocus Publishing, Inc
P U B L I S H--D A T E: October 6, 2015
I S B N: 9781942840077
Paranormal Romance
Vampires. Werewolves. Beasts that hunt in the night...When New Orleans Detective Jane Hart investigates her first official homicide case, she never expects to have her world ripped apart. But the murder she’s investigating is part of a deadly war between vampires and werewolves…and now Jane is caught in that eternal battle. A battle that can’t end well.
Werewolf Aidan Locke has been running New Orleans for years. It’s his job to keep the vamps out of the city. But when a Master Vampire comes to town, determined to unleash hell, Aidan knows it’s time to fight with all the fury of his pack. Beast versus vamp, until the last breath. Then he meets Jane…
One look, one taste, and Aidan knows that Jane is far more than she seems. Far more than she even knows herself to be. She’s important in the paranormal war, not a pawn to be used, but a queen to be won. And if he can’t keep her at his side, if he can’t stop the darkness from descending on the town…then Jane Hart will become not just a fierce cop, not some guardian, but something deadlier. Darker. Aidan will fight heaven and hell to change her fate. To change their fate because he is more than just a predator.
And Jane is more than prey. Far more.




     I was in the mood for a really great paranormal romance and was looking hard for one when I stumbled upon this particular book. Didn’t take me long at all to finish it. I did enjoy it but I didn’t love it. Perhaps it’s because I am rather picky when it comes to books of this genre. I felt that Jane could have been a bit more...savvy about the paranormal, especially because of her past. If there is one thing I can’t abide, it’s overly stubborn or seemingly clueless heroines. Yes, I know she was young when her unfortunate events occurred and that she was told by a psychiatrist that she was delusional, but still I think that she shouldn’t have been quite so clueless. Another thing that annoyed me about her was the fact that even after Aidan explained to her about a newly made vampires, she still thought of them as being human and that she had to save them. I mean really that almost made her seem dense. Even if she had no clue that paranormals existed, I don’t think it plausible that she was still trying to convince Aidan not to stake the newbie vamp.
     Now, let’s talk about Aidan. I really did like him, but then, I have a thing for bad boys. I know for the most part he was your typical alpha male and he had his shortcomings because of that. However, in spite of those I liked him and more than I did Jane. I think he has the potential to be a very complex character if developed a bit more. In fact, I feel the same about Jane. I hope that happens with the next installment in this series. I think both characters need a bit more depth.
     There were times in this book that things felt a bit rushed. I wish that it would have taken a bit longer for the pair to get together and for the plot to play out as well. We really didn’t get to see as much of Thane as I would have liked either.
     I hope in the next book that not only do the personalities for Jane and Aiden develop more, but I am hoping to get to know Annette and Paris more as well. I will definitely read the next book in this series because I am curious to see how the characters grow and what happens with them next. Let’s hope I can give the next one four stars instead of three.

3 STAR


A M A Z O N          B A R N E S & N O B L E          G O O D R E A D S