January 22, 2016

Negative Space by Mike Robinson

__________R E V I E W__________

★★★

     This novel was much improved from the last. All aspects of it. The characters are more likable, all easy to relate to and love - even through their complexities. 
     Like the first novel in this series, the story is fast paced, but it flows better, so it's easier to read because of fewer hiccups. I felt as though the plot was better planned and executed in this novel, which added to the ease of reading. Better still, no unexpected first person. 
     Sadly, this second book isn’t enough to warrant a read of the third novel. I feel like these stories are missing something. Maybe it's the way they end. Whatever the case may be, they provoke little feeling from me. I’m not itching to find out more.



__________B O O K__D E T A I L S__________


T I T L E: Negative Space
S E R I E S: The Enigma of Twilight Falls (Nº 2)
A U T H O R: Mike Robinson
P U B L I S H E R: Curiosity Quills Press
P U B L I S H--D A T E: August 17, 2013
I S B N: 9781620073155
Mystery, Thriller

Negative Space tells the story of a provocative Los Angeles painter named Max Higgins, on the verge of local fame. The secret to his work's haunting allure? He collects photos of missing persons and incorporates them into his paintings, giving the often melancholy faces, as he puts it, a "home in his work." This fascination stems from the bizarre disappearances of people he knew growing up, including his father. Then, one day, someone recognizes a face in one of his paintings, and he is suddenly thrust into a journey as surreal as anything from his brush, a journey into his past that will determine irrevocably his future.


AMAZON * BARNES & NOBLE * GOODREADS


(Nº 1) The Green-Eyed Monster review

*I received an advanced copy of this via NetGalley in exchange for a fair review*