Beneath The Fall by Aaron Safronoff

__________R E V I E W__________

★★★

     This book is one of the most beautifully put together books I’ve had in my hands in a very long time. The illustrations are remarkable works of art, that not only give you give a direct link into the author’s mind, but show you how fantastic Barra's world is.
     Barra is lovable, and her journey is one of great personal growth. I felt her relationship with her mother was very true to the nature of the story, and her character. Her friendship with Tory and Plicks stood out above all else to me, and the trio was a joy to read on the page. Both types of relationships added much to the story.
     However, the story over all runs a bit slow and dry at times, and because of this, I had a really hard time getting Laila to read the novel to the end. The things she complained about were the names of some of the creatures and places. They are often hard to even sound out. She is like me in the sense that she gets caught up on little things like that. Personally, I’ve walked away from books because of it, and might had this one, had I not been given a copy for an honest review. Though, I’m glad that we pushed through and saw Barra to her end.
     Laila also complained about it being too long, but it wasn’t the length she had a hard time dealing with - the child finished reading a bigger book before this, and is reading one now - I believe it’s the pace of the story that she was really complaining about.
     In saying that, I do recommend this book for those who like fantastical fiction. Truly, it is. And those who enjoy soft paced stories. I’m uncertain if we’ll continue to read on this series or not. I'm far more likely to than my middle grader.



__________B O O K__D E T A I L S__________

T I T L E: Beneath The Fall
S E R I E S:  Sunborn Rising (NÂș 1) 
A U T H O R: Aaron Safronoff
P U B L I S H E R: Neoglyphic Entertainment
P U B L I S H--D A T E: May 5, 2016
I S B N: 9781944606008
Fantasy, Children's Fiction, Middle Grade

Cerulean is on the brink of collapse. The decay wasn't fast, it wasn't obvious, but now the world stands on the precipice.
Woven forests floating on an ocean around a star, Cerulean's once vibrant treescape has grown dim over generations of arboreal life, and the creatures of the forest have forgotten the light.
Barra, a young, willful Listlespur, finds her late father's hidden journal, and reads about his discovery of Cerulean's brighter past and the mysterious plague he believed has all but destroyed it. He warned the Elders. He urged them to take action. Those were his last words...
Together with her two best friends, Barra will rekindle her father's legacy and traverse the Great Forest to relight her world, even if she has to travel beneath the Fall.