Dark Debt by Chloe Neill


T I T L E: Dark Debt
S E R I E S: Chicago Land Vampires (N°11)
A U T H O R: Chloe Neill
P U B L I S H E R: Penguin Group Berkley, NAL/Signet Romance, DAW, NAL Trade
P U B L I S H--D A T E: March 3, 2015
I S B N: 9780451472328
Romance, Fantasy
Merit is quite busy standing as Sentinel of Cadogan House, as well as making appearances with her master, Ethan Sullivan, who has just become a new member of American Association of Vampire Masters. Unfortunately, her life is about to get even busier. Morgan Greer, an old friend and Master of Navarre House, is in deep trouble with a mysterious crime syndicate called The Circle. He enlists Merit to help him and Ethan is not happy because she is put in a life threatening situation. Couple this with a ghost from Ethan's past and her hands are more than full.



     I have to admit that I was excited to review this book. Chloe Neill does not disappoint. This series just keeps getting better and better. There is lots of action and never a dull moment. It has scenes that had me on the edge of my seat as well as those that made me laugh out loud. In fact, I read this book in one day because once I started, I found that I couldn't put it down.
      I know that when you review a book, you should list all the things you liked about it and why as well as those things that you didn't like. Well, in all honesty I'm finding it difficult to find things that I didn't like. I do have to say that I keep hoping that Merit's father will get what he deserves. Since I don't like him what I feel he deserves is not good. And he did have a brief eye opener in this book, but I wish it had been more. Of course, he's despicable enough that it may take a lot for that to happen.
      Another bad thing? The fact that I have to wait for the next book to be released. I hope Ms. Neill is writing now because I am looking forward to reading what she has in store for Merit and Cadogan House, along with all of the people in Merit's life.
     I highly recommend this book and I give it four stars.

4 STAR



0