Howl at the Moon by L.A. Starkey

__________B O O K__R E V I E W__________

★★★★

     This story was fun from the start. It highlights a trio of friends who have grown up together. This is a middle grade story, but that didn’t take away from what a joy it was to read as an adult. This review is a collaborated review with me, and my nine-year-old daughter, Laila, to who I read the book.
     Howl at the Moon is well written and very well executed. Ben, Jake and Leah are too cute together as a team and very likable characters, even as an adult. It’s a fun and fulfilling little adventure they have. By the end of the book, you really wish you could keep reading.
    I am constantly looking for age appropriate books with a great story to read to my child. I’m so happy that I found this one on NetGalley and was approved. Both my daughter and I cannot wait for the second book to become available. This is a series I see us sticking with for books to come. I intend to seek out other titles from this author.

Laila says, "Yeah, that was great. I give it four stars, mommy, and so should you."


__________B O O K__D E T A I L S__________



T I T L E: Howl at the Moon
S E R I E S: A Liarus Detective Novel (N°1)
A U T H O R: L.A. Starkey
P U B L I S H E R: Patchwork Press
P U B L I S H--D A T E: March 13, 2015
I S B N: 9781927940310
Children’s Fiction, Sci-Fi, Fantasy

Eighth graders, Ben, Jake and Leah need cash, and mowing lawns in the winter just isn’t cutting it. Their need for cash births the Liarus (Liars R Us) Detective Agency! Their first client is Old Lady Smitz, who is said to have murdered her three sons and husband. She’s missing a family heirloom, but it’s not just any old trinket, it’s the crest of Lykoi. There are only two rules: No girls are allowed and never seal a deal with the witch doctor. Disregarding danger, these three discover that money is usually more trouble than it’s worth!


               *I received an advanced copy of this via NetGalley in exchange for a fair review*