The Curse Keepers Collection by Denise Grover Swank


T I T L E: The Curse Keepers Collection
A U T H O R: Denise Grover Swank
P U B L I S H E R: 47 North
P U B L I S H--D A T E: March 17, 2015
I S B N: 9781477879191
Literature/Fiction (Adult), Sci Fi & Fantasy, Paranormal Romance
This is a collection of three Curse Keepers novels in addition to 3 prequel novellas. The novellas appear in between each novel and in the end. According to the publisher, this is the order in which the author prefers them read. When the gate between this world and Popogusso is opened. All Hell breaks loose, literally. Popogusso is the Algonquian word for Hell. Spirits were trapped there for centuries by a curse performed by Manteo, a Croatan Native American and Ananias Dare, an English settler, four hundred ago. Now they are free and they want revenge and it doesn’t matter to them that the men who trapped them are no longer alive.



     This series offers something different from the usual Paranormal Romance stories out now days. Evil spirits and demons? Yes. But, unlike most of the other stories out there, there are no vampires or shifters. The evil bad guys in this book are rooted in Native American culture. I was intrigued and kept reading to find out what would happen next.
     What I didn’t like about it however was that I was confused about the curse while reading the first novel in the collection. I almost quit reading for that reason. The novella included immediately following that cleared that up, however. These stories in the collection are printed in the order the author prefers them to be read. In my opinion, it would have made things easier for me to understand the first novel had I read the first novella first.
     While I did like the characters in the book, I didn’t love them. Ellie was a bit too stubborn for me in some places. While it did make sense in some scenes, it didn’t in others. The same with Collin. In my opinion, he held back a little too much, which in turn dragged things out a bit more than they should have been.
     All in all, I did like this collection and would recommend this book to those that enjoy Native American history, as well as early Colonial history. I would read the next novel also. I gave this book three stars.

3 STAR


0