Magic Revealed by Misha McKenzie


T I T L E: Magic Revealed
S E R I E S: The Magic of the Heart Series (N°4)
A U T H O R: Misha McKenzie
P U B L I S H E R: Icasm Press
P U B L I S H--D A T E: January 4, 2015
I S B N: 9781942318026
Romance, SciFi, Fantasy
Born into an already-powerful family, Gideon Marquand is a special kind of witch. The most recent in a long line of super-witches, he is the first in over two hundred years to emerge possessing unlimited stores of magic. He is hunted—driven into hiding until the day when he can finally reclaim his rightful place among his family. Gideon has spent his entire life preparing for a showdown against an evil force bent on his destruction. But when fate intervenes and puts a broken and damaged woman in his path, Gideon knows he’ll not only have to fight for his life...He’ll have to fight to save the woman meant to be his.



     Perhaps if I would have read the other books in this series I would have liked it better than I did. I was not aware that it was the fourth in a series when I started reading though that became apparent fairly quickly. I was lost on who each character was and where they fit into the story.
     I would have expected it to be just a bit more difficult for Gideon to convince Stacia of who she really is. While I did like Gideon, I was not so keen on Stacia/Lauren, however. I don't think she was very believable. I found it hard to get invested in most of the characters in this story.
     It was also just a bit predictable, but only because of the way it was written. I would have liked a few more twists and it could have been executed a bit better than it was. To me, it felt somewhat rushed to come to the conclusion but then again it could have been because I haven't read the other books in this series. I do feel the idea behind the plot was a good one.
     It was not a bad read and I did enjoy it to some extent and so, therefore, give it three stars.

3 STAR


0