Gemini Gambit by D. Scott Johnson

T I T L E: Gemini Gambit
A U T H O R: D. Scott Johnson
P U B L I S H E R: Silver Spider Publishing
P U B L I S H--D A T E: April 30, 2015
I S B N: 9780986396205
Sci-Fi, Thriller
Kimberly Trayne is in hiding. Accidentally-but-sort-of-on-purpose flash-freezing the son of a drug kingpin tends to require it. Unfortunately the transition from international computer-hacking badass to night manager at Taco Bell has left her life… wanting. The virtual combat realm of Warhawk lets her take out her frustrations with a sniper rifle, and with gun, she travels.
Then the impossible happens. A complete stranger knocks on her virtual door, accidentally thrusting her into the spotlight where private security firms, the FBI, the Bolivian mafia, and her mom can find her.
Stuff always happens, they say.
It usually happens to her.



      This book could be rather confusing at times. I found myself going back and re-reading parts from time to time so that I could figure out what was happening. For that reason, it took me awhile to get through this one.
     I wasn't too keen on the characters either. I found them a bit annoying, especially Kim.
     What I did like?  The references to Black Adder for one thing. I happen to be a Black Adder fan and they made me chuckle. The story line was also a good one, although, I think it could have been executed a bit better.
     There were some scenes that were real page turners, just not enough for my taste. I really wanted to love this book and thought I would after reading the description. Unfortunately, it wasn't what I was expecting and, therefore, a bit disappointing. Perhaps it is because I'm not an IT person by profession. I'm not sure this book would be for everyone, but I will recommend it to my IT friends, they may like it a bit more than I did.

3 STAR


0