The Devil's Wife by Reuben Carbone

T I T L E: The Devil’s Wife
S E R I E S: Dragon Angel Series (Nº 1)
A U T H O R: Reuben Carbone
P U B L I S H E R: First Edition Design Publishing
P U B L I S H--D A T E: June 19, 2015
I S B N: 9781622879465
Literary Fiction (Adult), Horror, Mystery
The Devil's Wife is a paranormal romantic epic, a gothic cocktail of horror, fantasy and myth. It is the first book in the Dragon Angel series. Adam Crocker does not know it but he is the darkest of all the dark angels. He came into his human form on earth to wreak havoc but instead has unexpectedly fallen in love with the beautiful Maria...madly in love...and has married her. So what will become?





     The description reads: "The Devil's Wife is a paranormal romantic epic, a gothic cocktail of horror, fantasy and myth." So not what I was expecting in regards to paranormal romantic epic. It certainly wasn't romantic, at least not in the traditional sense of the word. Oh, sure, Lilith was always trying to seduce Adam and he truly loved his wife Maria. I guess you can call that romantic. But, if you are expecting a mainstream romance, then this book is probably not for you.
     However, what I did get was horror, which was awesome. So, many books that claim to be horror really are not so much. If creepy is what you are looking for then I think you will enjoy this book. I most certainly did. It's filled with lots of weird twists and turns and held my attention all the way through.
     As far as the characters go, I loved Maria and even Adam. Naturally, I hated Lilith. She was pure evil and written very well. In fact, all of the characters were written very well. I don't think you could be on the fence about any of them, even the nuns.
     This story was an excellent piece of work, very dark and very creative. I will definitely need to read the next book in this series because I just have to know what happens to little Olivia.
     For those of you who love creepy, spine-tingling thrillers, lots of blood, murder and mayhem then you really should pick this one up. However, you may never look at snakes in the same way again, just a word of warning. I know I won’t. I’m shuddering even as I write this. If you are squeamish in any way, you may want to steer clear. I’m giving this one four stars. 

4 STAR


0