Mother of Demons by Maynard Sims

T I T L E: Mother of Demons
S E R I E S: Department 18
A U T H O R: Maynard Sims
P U B L I S H E R: Samhain Publishing
P U B L I S H--D A T E: August 5, 2015
I S B N: 9781619229822
Supernatural Thriller
The hunt is on!
Alice Logan has gone missing, and Harry Bailey and Department 18 have been called to help find her. The main suspect is Anton Markos, a satanic cult leader who has a predilection for young women like Alice. Members of Markos’ cult start turning up dead—shredded by what seems to be a wild animal. Is there a madman within the cult? Or is it something far more horrible?
Can Department 18 discover the impossible truth and end the spree of murder, insanity and carnage? Or will they become the prey?



     This was a fast-paced supernatural crime thriller. Even though the title suggests demons, the culprits were not your average Satanist cult members. For that reason, it was much different than your run of the mill good versus evil story. I liked that. In fact, I liked that very much.
     I haven't read any of the other Department 18 novels and wasn't aware that this was actually the fifth book in a series. That didn't really matter because it was very easy to follow along without being lost.
     I really liked the majority of the characters. They had depth and were developed well. The story was well written and intriguing. It held my interest from beginning to end. I finished it in two nights. I was surprised to find that this was written by two people instead of one. The writing was seamless and so well executed that it was impossible to tell that there was more than one imagination involved.      After reading this great book, I will definitely be reading more Department 18 novels.

4 STAR


0