The Lost Twin by Sophie Cleverly

__________R E V I E W__________

★★★★★

This book was a lot of fun to read to Laila, and I'd highly recommend it for middle grade aged children. All throughout this book Laila showed an immense interest in its storyline. She complained at night when I only read one chapter, and still complained when I started reading two. She wanted to take time to talk about what we had just read, and uncovered continuously as we made our way from one chapter to the next. To be honest, out of all the children’s books I’ve read to her since I started reviewing books, on several occasions, she told me this was her favorite- even if the storyline was a little “dark and twisted”. Last night, I let her finish on her own. When that child brought my Kindle into my room, she looked a little bummed with her shoulders slumped and her feet dragging. I asked her if it was bad, and her exact words were, “No, it is over.” 
     I couldn’t help but laugh. It tickled me to death that she experienced her first book affair. Naturally, because I can empathize, we cuddled on my bed and talked for a few minutes about how she felt about the ending itself and if she felt satisfied overall. She went on and on about the book - what she just read and the entire novel. When I looked and saw this was part of a series, I thought the child was going to fall off the bed with delight. I must get my hands on these books for her collection, and so she can follow the series.
     Since she had so much to say, I decided to let her write her very first book review on her own.

L A I L A:
     I LOVE THIS BOOK! This book made me feel like I was part of the story. There was so many twisters that I hardly knew what was going on. (That is a good thing) Even though I’ve finished it, when it comes out, I’m going to buy it, and read it over and over again. I’m so excited for the second one. This book is so awesome, I’d rate it 100 stars. (That’s even better than 5 stars.) I never want it to end. 



__________B O O K__D E T A I L S__________

T I T L E: The Lost Twin 
S E R I E S: Scarlet and Ivy (Nº 1) 
A U T H O R: Sophie Cleverly
P U B L I S H E R: Sourcebooks Jabberwocky
P U B L I S H--D A T E: May 3, 2016
I S B N: 9781492633396
Middle Grade, Children's Fiction, Mystery, Thriller

Ivy, I pray that it’s you reading this. And if you are, well, I suppose you’re the new me…
When shy Ivy’s troublemaking twin Scarlet vanishes from Rookwood boarding school, Ivy is invited to “take her place.” But when Ivy arrives, she discovers the school’s true intention; she has to pretend to be Scarlet. She must think like Scarlet, act like Scarlet, become Scarlet. What on earth happened to the real Scarlet, and why is the school trying to keep it a secret?
Luckily for Ivy, Scarlet isn’t about to disappear without a fight. She’s left pieces of her journal carefully hidden all over the school for Ivy to find. Ivy’s going to figure out what happened to Scarlet. She’s got to.
But the staff of Rookwood is always watching, and they’ll do anything to keep their secrets buried…

     


*I received an advanced copy of this via NetGalley in exchange for a fair review*