Grave Predictions: Tales of Mankind’s Post-Apocalyptic, Dystopian and Disastrous Destiny

__________R E V I E W__________

★★★★

     When I read this was a collection of stories about the end of the world, I knew I would enjoy it. Each of these stories are incredibly creative. Some of them blindingly so - you think you know where some of the authors are going. . . but no. So make no mistake, while all the stories follow the same theme, they are all very, very, different.
     I don’t review the stories individually. Normally, I list my favorites, but I can’t give any in this case because all of them were great in some way, shape, or form. A majority of them had me wishing they weren’t shorts. And of course, like all good anthologies, it gives you a list of authors to hunt down and read more of. I thoroughly enjoyed this anthology.
     Not reading this anthology is only depriving your readerly brain of some very imaginative reads.



__________B O O K__D E T A I L S__________

T I T L E: Grave Predictions: Tales of Mankind’s Post-Apocalyptic, Dystopian and Disastrous Destiny
A U T H O R: Stephen King; Greg Bear; Ramsey Campbell; Joe R. Lansdale; Carmen Maria Machado; Mark Samuels; Erica L. Satifka; Brian Stableford; Ray Bradbury; Arthur C. Clarke; W.E.B. Du Bois; Kurt Vonnegut
P U B L I S H E R: Dover Publications
P U B L I S H--D A T E: September 21, 2016
I S B N: 9780486802312
Anthology, Horror, Sci-fi, Fantasy


"This is a book of stories intended to describe that hand of mortal destruction in 16 utterly different, yet all apocalyptically stunning ways!"—Harlan Ellison, from the Introduction.
These compelling visions of post-apocalyptic societies and dystopian worlds include short stories by some of the most acclaimed authors of our time. Among the noteworthy contributors and their works are Stephen King's "The End of the Whole Mess," "The Pedestrian" by Ray Bradbury, and Arthur C. Clarke's "No Morning After."
The first-ever apocalyptic fantasy about global warming, "The End of the World," appears here, in translation from Eugene Mouton's 1872 French-language original. "The Pretence," by Ramsey Campbell, questions the nature and structure of everyday life in the aftermath of a doomsday prediction. In addition, thought-provoking stories by Philip K. Dick, Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., Greg Bear, Erica L. Satifka, and others offer an end-of-the-world extravaganza for fans of science fiction, horror, and fantasy.



*I received an advanced copy of this via NetGalley in exchange for a fair review*